Most of us would stop working if we could. We constantly dream about it, but that’s about as far as we get-dreaming. Working a 9-5 just seems inevitable. I, Timothy Ward, however am a master at defying the inevitable. I stare ‘The Inevitable’ in the face and call him dirty names. I say, if you want to stop working, STOP WORKING; I’ll even give you 5 reasons why you should.
- If you stop working you’ll have more time to devote to reading my articles, columns, and lists. This will enable me to become a household name down at the Unemployment and Welfare offices. My fame is a small price to pay for you living your dreams. Think about this when you see me on the ‘Today Show’.
- Quitting your job will make you feel wonderful. For about 10 minutes you’ll be on cloud nine, you’ll be on top of the world, you’ll be living the good life, you’ll be: -insert your own cliche here-. Then you’ll start worrying about the car note, the mortgage, the kid’s school clothes, groceries, and how you’re going to pay that $850 you owe the Petermanns for running over their mailbox and a whole row of prize-winning azaleas. All this will probably depress you to the point of assisted suicide, but at least you had 10 minutes of freedom.
- Daytime television is some of the most exciting and captivating television around. You’ll wonder how you ever survived without all those quality soap operas, daytime talk shows, and judge shows where you get the sinking suspicion that the judge has been paid off. When you combine this with all the informative commercials that air during the daytime that will ‘Show you how to make $1,000 a day stuffing envelopes, ‘Teach you to drive a tractor trailer in 4 days’, ‘Allow you to get a degree from home in such exciting fields as GED preparation and septic tank scrubber’ and you’ll not only wonder why you didn’t quit your job sooner, you’ll also vow to never work again.
- In your formerly employed state you missed all those important calls from collection agencies and other bill collectors. Now that you have quit your job you’ll be able to sit at home in eager anticipation of these oh-so-important calls. Toss in a few telemarketers, calls from the Sheriff’s Association asking for donations, and a few of those computers that call you and ask you to ‘Hold for an important message’ and you’ll have a full day of just answering the phone. It will be like having a full-time job all over again, without all the hassle of getting a paycheck.
- Dragging yourself out of bed every morning at 5:45 a.m. can’t be good for your health. Your doctor will proud of you for caring enough about your body’s well-being to go as far as quitting your job. He will not, however, see you as a patient anymore because you no longer have health insurance. But there’s no need to worry, after all that’s why we have free clinics. Sitting all day in a damp clinic waiting room next to two teenagers with stage 3 Chlamydia is yet another experience you would have missed out on if you had kept your day job.
There you have it folks. 5 reasons why you should immediately go out and quit your job. Feel free to quote any of these reasons to your employer when you turn in your two weeks notice. If she wants to know where you came across such valuable information tell her that a unselfish friend of humanity supplied them to you free of charge, and all I asked in return was that you remember me next time you need your septic tank scrubbed…
Have You Seen The News!
Crazy but True Stories from Around the World
WOMAN CHASED HOME BY CRAZED SKUNK
A woman in Salem, Massachusetts, was chased for more than 15 minutes by a rabid skunk in 1997. Carmen LaBrecque, 51, encountered the skunk on her way home and it proceeded to harass her all the way back to her property, constantly snapping at her heels. Once there, she was unable to slow down sufficiently to open her front door and reach safety, so instead she had to run around her yard, making sure to stay at least a foot ahead of her demonic pursuer. On one lap, she was handed a cell phone by her elderly mother from inside the house and managed to call the police. Her trauma finally ended when, alerted by the police, an animal control officer arrived on the scene and shot the skunk.